Blue Bell Farm was established in 1812 as part of the New Madrid Land Grants. A true pioneer named Federal Walker came up from the Missouri bootheel and built the original cabins which are still part of the main farmhouse. White oak and ash trees were cut and hewn from the area to build the cabins.
Although modernized and rebuilt in 1986, the house retains much of its original rusticity. The farm has remained in the same family ever since – making Derek & Jamie Bryant the farm’s 7th generation of operators. As a result, we are honored to be among Missouri’s oldest Century Farms. We currently specialize in growing heirloom vegetable varieties, flowers, and in hosting special events.